The Details: After being forced to go virtual for the 2020 event based on the dreaded Coronavirus Pandemic, the Anime NYC convention is back to being an in-person event. For the newbies, this is a five year deep convention that is 100% dedicated to the Pop Culture phenomenon of Anime, Manga and other related Japanese entertainment. It runs for three days at the spacious Javits Center and brings together all of the mediums fans in one place. We hope that by now you are following the Official PiercingMetal Instagram because I’ve let the cosplays from this event and some others take over the profile when this is running and you know I love supporting amazing cosplayers. Now, for the third time for this event thanks to the fine folks at Leftfield Media, my convention minded Anime friends will have the chance to win a Weekend Pass to the convention and this means ALL THREE DAYS of it. I’m excited to be doing giveaways once again and reaching for the brass ring of our next milestone so read on down below on how to participate. There are some different but very important guidelines to be aware of before you attend and even enter this contest. You should read THIS POST which outlines some of the vaccination protocols from Leftfield Media.
When and Where: November 19th-21th at Jacob Javits Center, 34th Street and 11th Avenue NYC
To Participate: When I did the giveaways for the two previous conventions I really made the readership work for the badge. Hey these were full three-day badges and I wanted to make sure that the diehards were going in and since these posts remain as our historical content I wanted them to be interesting reading going forward. I am going to make you sing for your supper once again but will be going a little easier on you since everyone is trying to find their sea legs about large events and I don’t have more than a couple of tickets to dole out this time. It seems that others have jumped on the bandwagon for this event and that’s great since there is a chance for more of you to attend for free. Let’s have some fun.
1. Favorites: Name “3” of your very favorite Anime shows or films and in a sentence or two tell me why each does it for you.
2. Favorite Characters: Name “3” of your very favorite Anime characters. They can even be in the same series but its more fun to diversify. Tell me briefly why each is that to you. We lean to the villains here at the Media High Command BTW.
3. Excited: How stoked are you to getback to attending conventions. Simple one right? I think so.
4. Bonus Question: I think most winners will be cosplaying. Please tell me who you are planning to be across the three days.
5. Bonus Question 2: If you are a cosplayer, show us your stuff and paste a link to one of your recent Instagram posts. You might end up getting some more followers and likes by doing so. That’s never a bad thing.
* Enter only enter once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after your submission until staff can review them.
* Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list of items.
* Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with a valid email address that you can be reached at if you win. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns. The promoters will actually be contacting our winners using this email so double check it before you submit.
* Only enter if you CAN and WILL be able to attend the event and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially, if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for an expo in NYC.
* Connected to the above. We ask that you make sure you are attending all three days since its a wasted badge for a one day visit.
* Subscribe to the comments on the contest post and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not. I am very quick to choose winners once a few have come in.
* Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you much more difficult should you be marked as a winner.
* As there is a lot of writing here, I suggest you compose your answers in a text editor and then past them and do this from a computer or tablet. A mobile might be quirky.
Restrictions: This is the third time that the PiercingMetal website is doing a giveaway for this convention and based on the limited passes this time around it will close by the weekend before the event or when I feel I have enough entries. Act fast because if you snooze, you lose and I should stress that there are NO PLUS ONES for this giveaway. The badge is yours and is non-transferable. Friends who wish to come along with you can try their luck at the contest or purchase their own ticket at the event on opening day or online. Also remember to review the Covid-19 Protocols as they will be strictly enforced by venue staff. If you are not vaccinated the Javits will not let you into the building. You need proof of this so download one of the many apps that makes it easier. To some this sucks but I’d rather be safe and I have to do this too.
If You Win This Contest: Winners will know that they have won a pass for the convention based on my responses to their entries AND the organizers of the convention will be contacting them via the provided email that we asked for to finalize their win and line out how to claim their weekend pass. It is very important for you to use an email that you regularly use for this contest.
PiercingMetal Thoughts: I’ve said enough but I cannot wait to see all of you at this years Anime NYC and learn more about the amazing medium. I still consider myself a bit green but I love all the colorful costumes. Please remember to support PiercingMetal initiatives on our Official Social Networks of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and most importantly ENGAGE with the content with likes, comments and shares because without that these types of promotional items will go away. I can’t wait to see the submissions.
Official Links: http://www.animenyc.com
Official Website: http://www.crunchyroll.com
5 thoughts on “Win A Weekend Pass To Anime NYC 2021”
1. It goes without saying that I absolutely adore these three shows/films and I will recommend that you watch them 10000%, but to get to the point of this question…
1a: Made in Abyss – the genre of this show is difficult to describe, which just comes to show how different it is! It’s suspenseful, beautiful, endearing, while simultaneously being disturbing and heartbreaking.
1b: Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms – I worship the ground that my mother walks on, and watching this movie squeezed my heart to bits and made me appreciate even more how much she does for me and my siblings.
1c: Haikyuu – wanting to end this list with a show that doesn’t make you cry, I definitely have to add Haikyuu! Haikyuu does a great job of bringing back that high school nostalgia without focusing too hard on the romance, as well as having rivals who you can’t help but love and root for as well.
2. All time favorite characters:
2a. Ayuzawa from Maid Sama – She is my role model! I love how realistic she seems—someone who is accomplished but has to work for it, and makes sacrifices while receiving help from her friends. I love her work ethic (though I admit that binge-reading the manga during finals week in college in order to get some inspiration was counter-productive)
2b. Kanao from Demon Slayer – I love her backstory and how the reader/viewer’s understanding of the character transforms once you get to know Kanao. At first, she seems standoffish, then she seems odd, but then you learn about her trauma and realize why she is who she is. Despite her trauma, she still kicks butt!
2c. Hisoka from HxH – You always have to have a favorite villain! His character design is wonderful and he is one of the earliest villains that I’ve come across that was difficult to hate. And his powers?!?!?! *swoon*
3. I never thought I’d miss the idea of sore feet and overpriced pizza so much. I’m actually so excited just thinking about it. My favorite part about cons is meeting other cosplayers though!!!
4. Mikasa from AoT, Casual Mulan from Wreck it Ralph 2, Nezuko from Demon Slayer!
5.I don’t have an Instagram for my cosplays – I’ve really only
worn them for fun but this question has me considering it 😊
Hey Ruth that was some well thought out stuff and I’m going to provide you with a full weekend pass for the upcoming Anime NYC convention. Please watch your email for a notification from myself and the show organizers on how to claim this. With the current restrictions/precautions in place, ticketing and claiming things like this is a bit different this time around.
1. Favorite Animes:
a. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – this was the first “complete” anime that I watched and after it, I was hooked. This was my “gateway anime” haha.
b. Dragon Ball – The original Dragon Ball is so fun and light-hearted, and Goku’s undeniable love for adventure and training is inspiring to me.
c. Dr. Stone – Having gone to engineering school myself, this anime was so easy to get hooked on and the characters are so funny.
2. Favorite Characters
a. Yukihira Soma – Yukihira’s confidence and love for what he does makes Food Wars so fun and easy to watch. His efforts to uplift others is so wholesome
b. Nagato (Pain) – He turned the leaf village into a crater. ‘Nuff said.
c. Kei Tsukishima – It’s scary how similar I am to Tsukishima. I’m a bit tall, wear goggles when I play sports, and sometimes try too hard to act cool when I’m having a blast.
3. Extremely, I’m a sucker for posters and I can’t wait to see other cosplayers.
4. Gin Dojima, Tsukishima, One Punch Man
5. I’ve cosplayed but haven’t actually posted anything online
Hey Nikko you know this works for me just fine so let’s give a round of applause to our second winner of our second Anime NYC full convention badge. Please watch your email from me and the organizers because claiming this stuff is very different based on the Covid-19 restrictions. You MUST BE VACCINATED to enter the Javits Center and show proof of this with your card or one of the many digital apps that help you share this information. Thanks for your submission.
Alright my friends, with the convention around the corner and my needing to get the names to the organizers this contest is 100% officially closed. Congratulations to our two winners for the awesome submissions. You will hear from the organizers about how to claim these tickets at the event. Remember you have all three days and you’re not going to want to miss a thing.