The Details: His sound is that of Heavy Metal legend based on numerous works with the Scorpions and as a solo artist and if you are a guitar slinger who’s paid mind to the wizards of the medium then you know that I am speaking of the incredible Uli Jon Roth. His latest tour is called “Tokyo Tapes Revisited” and this will be a full-on presentation of the classic Scorpions live album. So if you’ve ever worshipped that LP by your stereo speakers you know that this is a show that is not to be missed. That said I am happy to announce that he and his band will once again be returning to the stage of the B.B. King Blues Club and thanks to the venue marketing rock stars, some of the PiercingMetal readers are going to get to enjoy the show for free. Unless I am mistaken, this will be the fourth contest for the guitar wizard and I think that’s pretty awesome too. Alright, more on how to win a ticket is below so check it out.
When and Where: Tuesday, March 14th at B.B. King Blues Club 7:30pm (237 West 42nd Street NYC)
To Participate: With Uli’s influence being featured on so many albums and being also of such influence I am going to ask those who are familiar with his body of work to give me three of his albums either with another band or as a solo artist and let me know some things about each release that makes them so timeless in your own opinion. Now since there are likely newbies in the mix that want to be a part of the fun, those people can get me three solid reasons that they must be at the show. Just make it a little interesting and more than “because he rocks dude” because that is just too un-original and boring. I’ll be responding to the comments that I like most right below their answer. This is for a single ticket only and no plus one requests can be honored. Sorry.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you CAN and WILL attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
Bring it on as this one will close by noon on day of show or when allotment has been depleted.
Restrictions: All of the PiercingMetal contests are open to our loyal readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers but that being said we are still looking for the new names first. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal but if you just won a contest recently you will likely not have a chance for this one. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments will not be approved.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue podium and ask for the House Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.
Uli Jon Roth: http://ulijonroth.com/