The Details: Richie Kotzen is a virtuoso guitar slinger who has been delivering the goods for many years and while he first came to awareness during his stint with Glam Rockers Poison, it was as a solo artist and later a founding member of The Winery Dogs that he gained the most prominence. His rich, soulful sound and skills on the guitar are best experienced live and that makes this announcement all the more special for us here at the PiercingMetal Media Command HQ. You might have read our posting about a brand-new venue in NYC known as Sony Hall and if not click HERE to be up to speed on this information. This will mark the very first contest for this venue and also the very first for Richie Kotzen and the details on how to participate are below for you to try your luck.
When and Where: Thursday, April 19th @ Sony Hall (235 West 46th Street, NYC)
To Participate: As Richie’s name is pretty much widely known by this point in time, I’m going to keep it to my request of three reasons or things that you most enjoyed about his career. These can revisit memories of his work with Poison, Winery Dogs and of course as a solo performer. You can mix them all up if you like but just be sure that there are three items in your entry. Oh yeah and there is a catch this time around. To qualify for this one, we are also asking our participants to “Shout It Out Loud” for the PiercingMetal social networks and that means using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to show your love. It’s simple, just open your preferred network and share a screenshot and say “Follow PiercingMetal.com” with a link to our respective page. Do all three if you want to increase your chances of winning. Now, as usual here are some guidelines to make sure we are on the same page.
– Enter only enter once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after your submission until staff can review them.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list of items.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with a valid email address that you can be reached at if you win. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you CAN and WILL be able to attend the concert and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments on the contest post and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not. I am very quick to choose winners once a few have come in.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you much more difficult should you be marked as a winner.
– Don’t forget to do one or all of the Social Networking items that were cited in the “To Participate” section. No social network shout out, means not a valid entry. Sorry.
Restrictions: Outside of the Social Networking shout requirement there are no real restrictions on this one, but we do need to stress that it’s for a SINGLE TICKET ONLY and that no guest or anonymous submissions will be honored. Winners can always treat their friends to a ticket if they need to have a second one in order to come.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. Go to the venue ticket counter and ask for the House Guest List and be prepared to show proper ID to prove its you. I always suggest arriving early in case there are any issues and to avoid missing any of the show. Should you encounter a problem, please politely ask for an onsite manage and cite how this ticket giveaway was done in coordination with venue publicity and the PiercingMetal website. Once you’re cleared your name is crossed off the list and you go inside. Pretty simple.