As it’s been awhile since we’ve done a proper ticket giveaway contest I figured there was no better show to get back into practice with than the return of Kamelot to NYC and their wonderful Finnish supporting acts of Sonata Arctica and Battle Beast. We’re well past our 250th overall contest and are closing in on a milestone number of tickets being dished out. Let’s get down to business.
The Details: When I launched PiercingMetal back in 2005, one of the greatest things about doing this kind of thing was getting to learn more about new and exciting bands. Back in our early days we did just that and not only was I witnessing the awesome from bands like Kamelot and Sonata Arctica, I have had numerous chats with them over the years and consider them vital parts of this outlets growth and positive support of Metal. I am fortunate for our positive exchanges and absolutely honored by the chance to offer our lucky diehards a ticket to this sure to be extraordinary show. When you add the might of Battle Beast as well, this is just a win, win, win sort of night. Now onto the finer points and how to participate.
When and Where: Saturday, September 14th @ Playstation Theater, 1515 Broadway, NYC
To Participate: Considering how important both Kamelot and Sonata Arctica are to my humble beginnings, I am going to make you work for this one. Don’t worry, its easier than I make it sound. The interested need to tell me three things about Kamelot that make them most interested in this show AND also three things about the Finnish superstars in Sonata Arctica that fall into the same reason you must be there. If you’ve never seen either band well you are really going to need to convince me why you cannot miss this one so get thee to Spotify for a crash-course in both acts. Special extra credit for those who add a notion about Battle Beast. Now before you begin this assignment, you should review some important items.
– Enter only once. All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission so be patient and don’t enter numerous times. You should see “your comment is awaiting moderation” once you submit it.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– The entry should be a good read, so a sentence or two of facts that make up your required three per band. Saying “because they rule dude” will not impress me and not help your cause.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible to do so. If you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC so you should not enter this giveaway.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult.
– Compose your entry on a text editor and then paste it into the comment form so you don’t lose any work. We’ve learned that sometimes a mobile feed is tricky so be sure to have a strong signal or use a laptop.
Bring it on as this one will close by end of business the Thursday preceding the show or when our allotment has been depleted. Obviously the best entries will win over some others.
Restrictions: All PiercingMetal.com contests are open to our regional site visitors, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers and we always look for submissions from those who might not have won in the past. Contests have slowed down some so that is a non-issue for this one. This is for a Single Ticket only and no plus ones are available. If you absolutely must have a guest, we suggest that you purchase a ticket for that person should you become a winner. “Guest” and “Anonymous” submissions will NOT be honored so make sure you’ve got your name somewhere on the entry.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue Box Office and ask for the PiercingMetal Contest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and you will be given your ticket to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with the CEG Music promoters of the show and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from. I look forward to seeing everyone there.