The Details: You probably know the names of Brad Whitford and Derek St. Holmes for their numerous accomplishments with both Aerosmith and the mighty Ted Nugent over the years but did you know that these guys released some music as a rocking duo back in 1995? Well they did and it’s for fans of a rock solid driving groove for sure. It’s something that I was never able to enjoy back in its original release heyday but they’ve recently rejoined forces for the masses and will be bringing one of their shows to the venerated B.B. King Blues Club venue in Times Square. With that in mind I am psyched to be offering my PiercingMetal readers the chance to see this incredible pairing for free thanks to the fine folks at B.B. King Blues Club where they will be performing this coming Wednesday, November 18th. Read more on how to participate below.
When and Where: Wednesday, November 18th at B.B. King Blues Club 7:30pm (237 West 42nd Street NYC)
To Participate: I’m going to keep this one simple as well since I am very new to this particular collaboration. Tell me a few reasons about what interests you most about the music that these guys have made either together if you are one of the in the know folks or as individuals if you are in my boat. Three should suffice and make them solid to read more than just a plain old “because they rock man” because that is just too un-original and boring. If you’ve seen them do their thing together before then maybe let us know what we are all in store for here in NYC. I’ll be responding to the comments that I like most right below their answer. This is for a single ticket only with no exceptions. If you cannot attend without a guest then please know in advance that we cannot provide one and you should bypass this giveaway.
– Enter only enter once. The comments are moderated and will not appear immediately after submission.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not if I’ve asked for a list.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible for you to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see the responses so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult should you be marked as a winner.
Bring it on as this one will close by noon on Wednesday 11/18 or when allotment has been depleted.
Restrictions: All of the PiercingMetal contests are open to our loyal readers, Facebook Page likers and Twitter Followers but that being said we are still looking for the new names first. Don’t let that stop you from entering of course but we do keep track based on the overall demand for this stuff at this point. We want EVERYONE to have a chance to enjoy a show on the provider and PiercingMetal but if you just won you will likely not have a chance for this one. Please note that Anonymous or Guest comments while approved will not be eligible to win and readers that won our recently held Vanilla Fudge contest will not qualify for a win on this one.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue podium and ask for the House Guest List. Please bring proper identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and your name will be checked off that list for you to enter. If you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with venue Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.
Official Website: http://www.whitfordstholmes.com/
I only know of the one release from the pairing from a couple of decades ago and it’s on the pricy side but that has never stopped a diehard from purchasing something special for their collection. Please follow the link below to check it out on Amazon.com.