If you are thinking that the sheer amount of concerts happening one after the other is almost impossible to keep up with then you wouldn’t be wrong about it. As we’ve already pointed out, the city keeps on climbing back to a more normal status and the entertainment industry is rallying hard to put these amazing bands back on the stages around us. One of the latest crushing Metal shows to come our way is from Sweden’s Katatonia who recently signed a worldwide deal with Napalm Records.
The Details: Katatonia is truly a band of experts when it comes to bringing intense levels of melancholy and atmosphere to their music and of course their live shows. I’ve caught them a number of times over the years and have been impressed each and every time. Their most recent album is entitled “City Burials” and the upcoming “Sky Void Of Stars” will release in 2023. They will be hitting the Sony Hall with The Ocean Collective and Cellar Darling and thanks to the fine folks at Blue Note Entertainment a few of the Metal masses will be enjoying this show for free. Read more below on how this works.
When and Where: Friday, November 11th at Sony Hall (235 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036) at 7PM.
To Participate: I’ve viewed what Katatonia does to the music psyche of their fans and well, I guess the best way to get you all involved is to ask you to tell me three “3” of your very favorite albums along with what does it about it on each album to make it your high point. I’d also love to know your “3” favorite songs and they can come from other releases but please tell me for good measure where they originated. Give me something to run with and remember you have to put three for each of those questions. Putting two good ones does not help nor do one or two word replies. A bonus two parter is you can offer up some word about the two openers if you have anything and tell me how many times you have seen Katatonia in concert. I will be answering what I felt were the most compelling submissions and posting a comment right below their own. Remember to always put your real full name and an email address in the comment form so we can reach you for list purposes. Do NOT place this information in the comment itself and please only comment once. All of our comments are moderated and do not appear until approved. Here are some important guidelines.
– Enter only once. Comments are moderated and don’t appear immediately after submission so be patient and don’t enter numerous times. You should see “your comment is awaiting moderation” once you submit it. It will appear once I approve it. Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry.
– Number the requirements for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– The entry should be a good read, so a sentence or two of facts that make up your required three items. Saying “because he rules dude” will not impress me and not help your cause.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is super important because I will be sending you a confirmation email and sharing with the house in case they have last minute audience updates. We stress that you do NOT place this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you really have interest in attending and its possible for you to do so. This is a NYC performance so if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you should be entering.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Compose your entry on a text editor and then paste it into the comment form so you don’t lose any work. We’ve learned that sometimes a mobile feed is tricky so be sure to have a strong signal or use a laptop.
Get to work because this one will close by Thursday afternoon on 11/10/2022 or if the provisions are depleted before that time.
Restrictions: The PiercingMetal Giveaways are open to our regional site visitors and Social Networking Followers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube) and we always look for submissions from those who might not have won in the past. As your name will be on the guest list there are NO physical tickets to claim on site. Please be advised that some COVID-19 Safety Protocols might be in place based on venue management and those will be enforced. “Guest” and “Anonymous” submissions will NOT be honored so make sure you have your name in the specified part of the comment entry.
If You Win This Giveaway: If you are marked as one of the winners for this giveaway, I will commenting on your own comment about the win. I will also be sharing the information you will need should you encounter any issues on your arrival to the venue. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from. Winners of the giveaway will go to the podium at the venue entrance and ask for the “House Guest List”. Your name will be there and if you run into any difficulty, politely ask for a House Manager and explain that this giveaway comes care of the Blue Note Entertainment Marketing Team and PiercingMetal. Remember this is a single ticket only with no plus one and there are no exceptions to this rule. If you do post about your attendance care of our giveaway we ask that you include PiercingMetal in this to direct more people to the site and socials.