The Details: It’s been a little while since we’ve done a concert ticket giveaway contest here on the PiercingMetal website and with the legendary thrashers of Flotsam and Jetsam paying our Metal Metropolis a visit, I figured it was high time to throw one together. Over the years I’ve caught the band a couple of times and while having enjoyed a number of tunes would not consider myself the most ardent study of their work. It’s shows like these that help the interest grow and its awesome that they are still delivering the goods for the Metal Legions. The NYC show will feature a bevy of supporting acts (Dead By Wednesday, Magus Beast and The Hard Way) and thanks to the Marketing team at Live Nation, a few of our lucky readers will be seeing this show for free. The rules on how to participate are below.
When and Where: Wednesday, May 22nd at Gramercy Theatre (127 E 23rd St) 7PM Show
To Participate: I’m going to keep this an easy one for you and stick with our premise of telling me three things that you enjoy most about the band Flotsam and Jetsam and why you need to be at this show. Answers should have some meat on their bones and be better than “because they rule dude” – That stuff is a waste of time to me. Of course it’s important to follow some guidelines to make sure we are on the same page.
– Enter only enter Once. All comments are moderated and appear after approval by the moderator.
– Number them for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is necessary for listing purposes. No nicknames. Please do NOT put this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter this contest if you can and will attend the show should you win and it’s logistically possible to do so. Essentially if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you’re coming here for a show in NYC.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry as that makes notifying you difficult.
Let’s see what you got; this contest will close by end of business on Tuesday unless our allotment depletes earlier so if you snooze you will most certainly lose. Winners will begin being announced on Monday in intervals. Thanks so much.
Restrictions: PiercingMetal contests are open to our regional site readers, Facebook Page Fans and Twitter/Instagram Followers and we do look at new responders first in order to give everyone a fair shot at enjoying a show on the provider and us. I encourage all to participate because you never know just how many tickets we are offering and when that last person might have won. This is for a single ticket only with no plus ones honored. If you must have a plus one, your friend should enter the contest as well and try their luck. Please note that Guest and Anonymous comments will NOT be approved and are ineligible to win the contest. These tickets are non-transferable.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this contest, here is how to claim the ticket. On the night of the show go to the venue Box Office and ask for the Live Nation Guest List. There might also be a reference to a PiercingMetal contest so say that as well for good measure. Please bring valid identification (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID card) and you will receive your ticket. Should you encounter any difficulty, please politely ask for an onsite manager and cite how this contest was done in coordination with Marketing and PiercingMetal.com. Do not send frantic messages to the website as we cannot help you onsite. It’s always a good idea to arrive early to make sure you are good to go. You can also expect a reminder email to the provided address about the show so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from.
Official Website: http://www.flotsam-and-jetsam.com/
11 thoughts on “Win A Ticket For Flotsam & Jetsam @ Gramercy Theatre On 5/22/2019”
Flotsam and Jetsam is one of the best thrash metal bands to come out of the 80s. I like them more than most because the singer has a nice smooth melodic voice which is pretty unusual for the genre. The band still puts out quality material every few years. They never really sold out and changed their sound to fit whatever the trends were at the time. Happy to see them headlining, should mean a nice long set of both classics and new tracks.
This works for me Steven, so congratulations on winning a ticket to see Flotsam and Jetsam in NYC at the Gramercy Theatre. Please refer to the part of the contest marked “IF YOU WIN” for the full details. Enjoy the show.
I remember the day I bought “Doomsday for the Deceiver” on vinyl. I was blown away by its power not only musically but lyrically . The Bass lines on that Lp were not to be fucked with. It was no surprise that Jason was asked to step in and Join Metallica during a tragic time. He was the perfect fit.
But Flotsam and Jetsam didn’t stop there. They continued to churn out another just as amazing Lp a few years later. “No Place for Disgrace”
Flotsam has been at it for over 30 years and they never disappoint live. Eric Knutson still sounds amazing.
This works for me James, so congratulations on winning a ticket to see Flotsam and Jetsam in NYC at the Gramercy Theatre. Please refer to the part of the contest marked “IF YOU WIN” for the full details. Enjoy the show.
I’ve been a huge fan of thrash since I was a teenager and to see a band such as Flotsam and Jetsam would be killer. I’ve been a fan since Jason Newsted played on their 1st album. Also as a huge horror fan to see a poster of the front cover of the 1st album in the movie Sleepaway Camp was way dope! I would love to see them for the first time, especially during the week that they released their second album “No Place for Disgrace”
This works for me Martha, so congratulations on winning a ticket to see Flotsam and Jetsam in NYC at the Gramercy Theatre. Please refer to the part of the contest marked “IF YOU WIN” for the full details. Enjoy the show.
1. Doomsday for the deceiver is a legitimate classic of the genre.
2. They’ve been playing threat metal since the mid-80s and are still going strong. As, they have amazing musical prowess and a hell of a vocalist.
3. Their new album The End of Chaos is legit the best thrash album of the year so far.
This works for me Gio, so congratulations on winning a ticket to see Flotsam and Jetsam in NYC at the Gramercy Theatre. Please refer to the part of the contest marked “IF YOU WIN” for the full details. Enjoy the show.
Ah man, where do I start?
1. The consistency of Flotsam and Jetsam from Doomsday in 1986 up through the End of Chaos in 2019 is just beyond impressive. While Flotsam never made the same record twice they managed to stay true to their guns and not blend in with the times, especially in the 90s like Metallica with Load and Reload, Megadeth with Risk, Slayer with Diabolus in Musica. Flotsam always kept it heavy, unrelenting and doing what they want to do and for that I applause them.
2. While I may not love every album they have ever released I find their last two releases The End of Chaos and Flotsam and Jetsam can without a doubt be mentioned in the same breath as Doomsday, No Place For Disgrace, When the Storm Comes Down and Cuatro (their four best albums in my opinion). To be releasing albums that strong, this late in the game is just beyond impressive. It’s not often I look forward to hearing a bands new stuff as much as the old but in Flotsams case I say bring me as much of the last two albums as you possibly can.
3. The guys are total road warriors and love what they do. They aren’t playing arenas like Metallica or even Megadeth/Anthrax size venues but they go out year after year and play their hearts out whether it’s in front of thirty people at the Stanhope House in Stanhope, NJ or giving Overkill and Testament a run for their money at the PlayStation Theater in NYC as an opener. The guys are true to their craft, love their fans and always a blast to see.
Hoping to see them dust off SWATTING AT FLIES on this run, one of my favs from the underrated Cuatro.
Also Martha, killer tidbit about Sleepaway Camp II. I recently watched the first one and will keep my eyes peeled for the poster when I get around to the sequel ???
This works for me Kevin, so congratulations on winning a ticket to see Flotsam and Jetsam in NYC at the Gramercy Theatre and offering up probably the most thorough of submissions so far for this one. Please refer to the part of the contest marked “IF YOU WIN” for the full details. Enjoy the show.
Alright my friends that is it and this contest is 100% closed. Congratulations to all of our winners Steve, James, Martha, Gio and Kevin as you are ALL going to see the legendary Thrashers Flotsam and Jetsam tonight. As mentioned, please bring ID and refer to the instructions on how to claim the ticket at the box office. Have a great time and if you see me tonight feel free to say hello.