The city continues to rise from the pains of the pandemic and amazing artists are returning to the venues to perform for their fans at a record pace which is a fantastic thing to behold. We’ve pointed out that while there is more of a return that it’s not been all that easy to offer up the same number of giveaways that we used to do in the before times. Slowly but surely we rise once more and are happy to share this latest one with our readers. This is another first as PiercingMetal has never done a ticket giveaway for Blackmore’s Night.
The Details: If you’re a Hard Rock fan of any demographic, you already know the name of the Man in Black, Richie Blackmore from works with Rainbow and the legendary Deep Purple but are you properly schooled on his now long-standing Renaissance Rock experience known as Blackmore’s Night? If you have not enjoyed this troupe in the live sense then you are really missing out. It’s a festive show that finds many of the audience in Renaissance Fair attire to make the show all the more interesting. Over the years I’ve seen wizards, jesters, maidens and lords milling about and making this a lot more fun. It’s been a few years since I’ve caught them and now thanks to the marketing team at the beautiful Sony Hall in New York City, some of the PiercingMetal readership will be getting the chance to enjoy this concert for free. Let’s go over some of the details on how you participate in this giveaway.
When and Where: Sunday, October 30th at Sony Hall (235 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036) at 7PM.
To Participate: To celebrate the debut of Blackmore’s Night to Sony Hall and return to doing a NYC show as well I am going to test our participants skills for this giveaway. Please read carefully as you will need to complete ALL of the requirements to make the cut when I do the selections. I love “threes” so let’s start with you naming your “3” favorite Blackmore’s Night albums along with a sentence or so on what does it about each of these albums in your eyes. If you are new to the band hit Spotify or YouTube and get some background. It will be an enjoyable discovery for sure. Then I’d like to know what your “3” very favorite Blackmore tracks are from his non-Blackmore’s Night years. I’d also like to know why on that please. As a bonus question you can tell me just how long you have been following the musician and how many times you’ve caught him in concert across his career. Now before you get into this assignment you should refer to the guidelines below as its important for this type of giveaway. Then you can find your best Renaissance garb and hey, if you are attending in costume let me know as well so I can be more impressed.
– Enter only once. Comments are moderated and don’t appear immediately after submission so be patient and don’t enter numerous times. You should see “your comment is awaiting moderation” once you submit it. It will appear once I approve it. Make sure you are entering a NEW comment and not replying to another contestant’s entry.
– Number the requirements for ease of knowing if you followed the instructions or not.
– The entry should be a good read, so a sentence or two of facts that make up your required three items. Saying “because he rules dude” will not impress me and not help your cause.
– Please enter your full real name in the comment form along with an email address that you can be reached at if you win. This is super important because I will be sending you a confirmation email and sharing with the house in case they have last minute audience updates. We stress that you do NOT place this information in the comment itself out of privacy concerns.
– Only enter if you really have interest in attending and its possible for you to do so. This is a NYC performance so if you live a couple of hundred miles away we don’t think you should be entering.
– Subscribe to the comments and check back to see them so you know if you won or not.
– Compose your entry on a text editor and then paste it into the comment form so you don’t lose any work. We’ve learned that sometimes a mobile feed is tricky so be sure to have a strong signal or use a laptop.
Get to work because this one will close by Friday afternoon on 10/28/2022 or if the provisions are depleted before that time.
Restrictions: The PiercingMetal Giveaways are open to our regional site visitors and Social Networking Followers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube) and we always look for submissions from those who might not have won in the past. As your name will be on the guest list there are NO physical tickets to claim on site. Please be advised that some COVID-19 Safety Protocols might be in place based on venue management and those will be enforced. “Guest” and “Anonymous” submissions will NOT be honored so make sure you have your name in the specified part of the comment entry.
If You Win This Contest: If you are marked as one of the winners for this giveaway, I will commenting on your own comment about the win. I will also be sharing the information you will need should you encounter any issues on your arrival to the venue. You can also expect an email to the provided address reminding you of the win so make sure that @piercingmetal.com is listed as a safe domain to receive notes from. Winners of the giveaway will go to the podium at the venue entrance and ask for the “House Guest List”. Your name will be there and if you run into any difficult, politely ask for a House Manager and explain that this giveaway comes care of the Blue Note Entertainment Marketing Team and PiercingMetal. Remember this is a single ticket only with no plus one and there are no exceptions to this rule.