Despite being a number of shows behind based on my hectic schedule, we just loved all of the Netflix Marvel Television shows that aired on the streaming service over the last few years. Sadly, “Daredevil”, “Jessica Jones”, “Luke Cage”, Iron Fist” and “The Punisher” were all cancelled and now its time to move on from them. Fortunately, the fine folks at the Prop Store have gotten their hands on numerous items and will be auctioning them off in the coming weeks. Take a look down below to the full press release.
The Press Release:
Prop Store, one of the leading film and TV memorabilia companies, in association with the world renowned Marvel Entertainment, has today announced the date and lots available in the first ever MARVEL TELEVISION LIVE AUCTION featuring original costumes, props and set decoration from Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvel’s Luke Cage and Marvel’s Iron Fist.
Over 850 lots will be offered in this first of its kind two-day live auction, taking place on August 12 & 13, 2019 at Prop Store’s auction facility in Los Angeles County, California. In addition to live bidding, out-of-town fans can participate via telephone or online via www.propstore.com/marvel.
Highlights of the upcoming auction that fans and collectors can bid on with estimated sale prices include:
• Matt Murdock’s Red First Iteration Daredevil Costume from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $30,000 – 50,000
• Benjamin ‘Dex’ Poindexter’s Daredevil Impersonation Costume from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $25,000 – 35,000
• Luke Cage’s Light-up Creation Tub from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $12,000-$15,000
• Elektra Natchios’ Battle Costume from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $10,000 – 12,000
• Misty Knight’s Cybernetic Arm from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $10,000 – 12,000
• Matt Murdock’s Slashed Combat Costume from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $8,000 – 10,000
• Willis ‘Diamondback’ Stryker’s Light-Up Battle Costume from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $6,000 – 8,000
• ‘Rabbit in a Snowstorm’ Painting from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $5,000 – 7,000
• Wilson Fisk’s Wedding Costume from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $4,000 – 6,000
• Luke Cage’s Bullet-Riddled Costume from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $3,000 – 5,000
• Nelson and Murdock Attorneys at Law Office Plaque from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $3,000 – 5,000
• Danny Rand’s Fight Costume from Marvel’s Iron Fist Est. $3,000 – 5,000
• Elektra Natchios’ Red and Black-Handled Retractable Sais from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $3,000 – 5,000
• Pop’s Barber Shop Chair and Accessories from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $2,500 – 3,500
• Wilson Fisk’s Cufflinks from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $1,500 – 2,500
• Colleen Wing’s Stunt Katana and Sheath from Marvel’s Iron Fist Est. $1,500 – 2,500
• Matt Murdock’s Round Eyeglasses from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $1,500 – 2,500
• Pop’s Bullet-Punctured Swear Jar from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $1,500 – 2,500
• Colleen Wing’s Cage Fight Costume from Marvel’s Iron Fist Est. $1,200 – 1,800
• Lot of Five Judas Bullets with Case from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $1,000 – 1,500
The auction is suitable for fans with a variety of budgets, with many interesting pieces of memorabilia estimated under $500 including:
• ‘Daredevil Collars Fisk’ New York Bulletin Newspaper Cover from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $300 – 500
• Mary Walker’s Flower Drawing from Marvel’s Iron Fist Est. $300 – 500
• John ‘Bushmaster’ McIver’s Weighted Harlem’s Paradise Matchbook from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $200 – 300
• Frank Castle’s Medical ID Bracelet from Marvel’s Daredevil Est. $200 – 300
• D.W. Griffith’s Set of Three ‘Luke Cage Clobbers Diamondback’ DVD Cases from Marvel’s Luke Cage Est. $100 – 150
A selection of highlights will be on display in an auction preview exhibition at Prop Store’s auction facility from August 1 – 13. The exhibition is open to the public and free-to-enter. A wide selection of lots will also be on view at the Marvel and Prop Store booths during San Diego Comic-Con, July 17 – 21.
Chuck Costas, VP of Business Development & Operations for Prop Store, commented on the upcoming auction: “Prop Store is thrilled to be able to offer fans some of the most iconic props, costumes and set dec from these classic Marvel television shows. With over 850 lots in this auction, we believe there’s something for everyone at all price points. You don’t have to be a millionaire to walk away with a very cool piece of Marvel history.”
Mike Pasciullo, SVP, Marvel Marketing and Communications, spoke about the upcoming auction: “We are very proud to have created these great Marvel shows for the fans and this is a unique opportunity, in association with Prop Store, for fans to become a caretaker of these ‘pieces of art’ used in their production. We hope that many fans and collectors are able to bring home an authentic piece of the Marvel Universe that excites and inspires them for years to come.”
The auction begins at 10:00 am PT on Monday, August 12. Lots can now be viewed online and bidders can register to participate at the link http://www.propstore.com/marvel
*** end of transmission ***
PiercingMetal Thoughts: This is pretty cool news for the diehard fans of the shows that once aired not so long ago on the streaming service. I admit that I am sad to have seen them go away but as an ardent supporter of the larger vision think that in time we shall see these characters again as they continue to expand the Marvel Cinematic and Television Universes. Of course by that time they will likely all be recast but it would be cool if some of the mains could return but I digress. I’m not the biggest memorabilia collector when it comes to stuff like this as I’ve no place to properly secure and display it. I envision the eventual Ken’s Man Cave with a wealth of the stuff I’ve kept over the years but I am no where near in executing that vision at this time. I am sure most of you NYC readers can feel me on the space issue. I was surprised to see no Jessica Jones or Defenders stuff in the mix at all but perhaps by the time that the auction actually happens, more trinkets will find their way to the auctioneers block. I do also hope there is some sort of printed catalog since I love those. I still have my KISS Auction catalog from a number of years ago which is my only relic from that auction. Closing up I wonder what you readers think about this and will you be looking to purchase anything. Feel free to chime in down in the comments below. See you next time.