The Federal Bureau of Investigation has arrested Jon Schaffer, founder of the Heavy Metal band Iced Earth for his role in the recent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th. A Tweet from the FBI went out a few short hours ago and has been included below the photograph that we snapped during a 2018 performance by the band in NYC.
Jon Schaffer, Columbus, IN, has been arrested in connection to Jan 6 incident at the U.S. Capitol. Schaffer faces 6 charges including engaging in an act of physical violence in a Capitol building. Schaffer was allegedly among rioters who sprayed Capitol police with "bear spray."
— FBI Indianapolis (@FBIIndianapolis) January 18, 2021
According to the FBI Indianapolis Field Office; Schaffer is facing the following charges:
1. Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
2. Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
3. Knowingly Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
4. Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
5. Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
6. Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Washington, D.C., police officer Christina Laury said cops were being sprayed with bear mace — a significantly stronger version of pepper spray — as they held the line outside.
*** end of transmission ***
PiercingMetal Thoughts: Over 100 arrests have been made so far from this horrible occurrence.
Official Website: http://www.icedearth.com