The Press Release:
Ready to unleash yet unknown forces of Extreme Wizard Metal!
Mortals beware – some mighty sorcerers have cast their spell over Napalm Records! We are proud to announce the signing of the newly founded extreme metal supergroup WIZARDTHRONE. This groundbreaking adventure features members of roaring metal pirates ALESTORM, galactic warriors GLORYHAMMER, melodic death metal formation AETHER REALM, kings of goblin metal NEKROGOBLIKON, epic black metal visionaries FORLORN CITADEL and death metal machinery VALE OF PNATH.
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, those merry mates in Alestorm, Lords of the True Scottish Pirate Metal, will be returning to our shores in the Fall of this year. Check out the bands brief statement below and the dates and know that I will return to help guide you about this treasure trove of fun-filled Metal. They are calling this “The Super Smashed Turbo Tour” which is a really fun name for a run of shows.
The Facebook Statement:
Ahoy pirates, goblins, and other costumed humans of North America! We’ve been promising this for weeks, so here it is…the full dates for our USA & Canada tour with Nekrogoblikon and Aether Realm! Tickets available from wherever it is you kids buy tickets these days. Oh, and the first one to say “Lame, you’re not coming to Brazil, Iowa” gets a big ol’ punch in the butt.
The Tour Dates:
10/02/16 – Greensboro, NC – Arizona Pete’s
10/03/16 – Baltimore, MD – Soundstage
10/04/16 – New York, NY – Gramercy Theatre
10/05/16 – Providence, RI – Firehouse 13
10/06/16 – Philadelphia, PA – Voltage Lounge
10/07/16 – Pittsburgh, PA – Smiling Moose
10/08/16 – Detroit, MI – Token Lounge
10/09/16 – Dayton, OH – Rockstar Pro Arena
10/10/16 – Cleveland, OH – Agora Ballroom
10/11/16 – Chicago, IL – House of Blues
10/12/16 – Minneapolis, MN – Cabooze
10/13/16 – Kansas City, MO – The Riot Room
10/14/16 – Denver, CO – Marquis Theatre
10/15/16 – Salt Lake City, UT – Metro Bar
10/16/16 – Boise, ID – Mardis Gras
10/17/16 – Spokane, WA – The Pin!
10/18/16 – Bellingham, WA – Wild Buffalo
10/19/16 – Seattle, WA – El Corazon
10/20/16 – Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theatre
10/21/16 – Oakland, CA – Oakland Metro
10/22/16 – Los Angeles, CA – The Whisky
10/23/16 – San Diego, CA – Brick by Brick
10/24/16 – Las Vegas, NV – LVSC
10/25/16 – Phoenix, AZ – Joe’s Grotto
10/27/16 – Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Bar & Grill
10/28/16 – Austin, TX – Dirty Dog
10/29/16 – New Orleans, LA – Siberia
10/30/16 – Tampa, FL – The Orpheum
10/31/16 – Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade
11/01/16 – Spartanburg, SC – Ground Zero Continue reading Alestorm Announce “Super Smashed Turbo Tour” For Fall 2016→
Looking back on 2012 as a concert going year I had to say that there were a lot of cool highlights for me. Sure I was compiling my “Year End Best Of” to cover all the different things that I’ve examined over the year but with the blog growing faster and faster and more contests happening on it for the crushing shows that hit our town, I decided to keep showcasing a number of the concerts that I saw during the course of the year. Bear in mind that these are my very favorite ones out of the whole bunch. I really had a great time seeing a number of shows but these stood out. Here we go.
1. KISS @ Live On Letterman: I don’t think that I need to go into how cool it is to see a band like KISS in the Ed Sullivan Theatre. The place holds 500 or so people and KISS sells out places that hold thousands more. See why I felt this was special. So yeah.
2. Nightwish and Kamelot @ Beacon Theatre: Nightwish and Kamelot both hold very special places to me as a music scribe and having them paired up for a tour was extraordinary.
3. Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Prudential Center: This show was the debut of the new “Lost Christmas Eve” themed tour.
4. Roger Waters @ Yankee Stadium: My second time at Yankee Stadium for a massive concert and with Roger playing “The Wall” from front to back I stood awestruck.
5. KISS & Motley Crue @ PNC Bank Arts Center: This was a kickass pairing and the guys in The Treatment were pretty damned good as well.
6. Lamb Of God @ Roseland Ballroom: Metal laid waste to NYC this night.
7. Paganfest @ Gramercy Theatre: Turisas headlined this one and brought along Alestorm, Arkona and Huntress.
8. Sabaton @ Gramercy Theatre: This band is climbing the pole of popularity. Local support
9. Rhapsody Of Fire @ Gramercy Theatre: There was so much drama with the RoF division leading up to this show but you would never notice with the levels of kick ass Power Metal that was happening on the stage.