As you probably already know, the Anime NYC Convention is just around the corner and in order to guarantee our readers who might be in attendance the maximum amount of fun, I’ve been keeping up with many of the announcements. Take a look at the list HERE in order to see what has run before and now take a look at what the folks at Crunchy Roll have just revealed.
What: Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, is wrapping a year of incredible convention experiences by powering Anime NYC, New York’s largest dedicated anime, manga, and Japanese pop culture convention. Crunchyroll is the “Powered by” sponsor of Anime NYC for the third year, continuing a commitment to create unique experiences for the anime community all across the country.
“The team at Anime NYC cares deeply about anime fans, so it’s a natural fit for Crunchyroll to work with them as the ‘Powered by’ sponsor of the show,” says Mary Franklin, Head of Events at Crunchyroll. “We are excited to meet up with fans in New York, hear what they think, and bring them great Crunchyroll content.”
This year, Crunchyroll has two booths for fans to enjoy, including the first-ever Crunchyroll Games booth at Anime NYC. We’ll celebrate anime for everyone with a series of activities and activations including:
• Photo opportunities galore – The all-new “Dr. STONE” mosaic wall will make its debut, and fans are invited to snap a pic and have their photos placed alongside other passionate fans to create a mural. Fans are also invited to celebrate the 20th anniversary of “One Piece” with a special photo wall featuring fan-favorite characters from the beloved series.
• Crunchyroll Games demos – Fans are invited to check out the Crunchyroll Games booth to enjoy playable demos of the upcoming “Mob Psycho 100: Psychic Battle” and “NARUTO x BORUTO NINJA TRIBES,” alongside “Attack on Titan TACTICS,” and “Grand Summoners.”
• Shield Hero Training Room – Are you ready to be a hero? Well grab your shield and test your skills to level up. Brave rising heroes will get a chance to pop balloon monsters with their very own legendary shield! The pressure is on since you’ll only have limited time to battle some balloon monsters. Get ready for the level grind of your life!
• Premiere Screenings and Panels
• Friday, November 15 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm, Panel Room 1E09, Crunchyroll Presents: In/Spectre Ep.1-2 East Coast Premiere
• Friday, November 15 from 9:00pm – 10:00 pm, Panel Room 1E02, Food Wars! The Fourth Plate Panel
• Saturday, November 16 8:00pm – 8:30pm, Panel Room 1E04, Crunchyroll Presents: A Destructive God Sits Next to Me Ep.1 World Premiere
• Saturday, November 16 8:30pm – 10:00pm, Panel Room 1E04, Crunchyroll Presents: Somali and the Forest Spirit Ep.1-3 World Premiere
• Crunchyroll Industry Panel – The Crunchyroll panel will be held Saturday, November 16 from 6:30 – 7:30 PM in room 1E09 to discuss the latest and greatest coming to the platform. A special gift will be available for all who attend.
Where: Booth# 622 (Crunchyroll) + Booth# 549 (Crunchyroll Games) at the Javits Center, 655 West 34th Street in NYC
When: November 15-17, 2019
About Crunchyroll: Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connecting a community of 50 million registered users and 2 million subscribers with 360-degree content experiences. Fans connect through the world’s largest collection of anime including “Naruto Shippuden,” “Attack on Titan,” and “Dragon Ball Super,” as well as Crunchyroll Games, Crunchyroll News, events such as Crunchyroll Expo and the Anime Awards, and can purchase related merchandise through its online store and retail partners. Through its app on game consoles, set-top boxes, mobile devices and more, Crunchyroll delivers content from leading media producers directly to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages. The service is available for free or through a premium offering that allows users to watch ad-free with access to simulcasts—top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
About Anime NYC: Anime NYC powered by Crunchyroll is New York City’s anime convention! A showcase of the best of Japanese pop culture in the biggest city in America, Anime NYC brings anime fans and publishers together for three days of unique exhibits, exclusive screenings, extensive panels, and appearances by some of the biggest creators in Japan. This year’s event takes place November 15-17 in New York’s Javits Center, and we invite you to join over 40,000 fans for a celebration of Japanese animation, manga, cosplay, movies, food, fashion, travel, technology, toys, and games in the heart of NYC! For more, visit the link at the close.
*** end of transmission ***
PiercingMetal Thoughts: As it’s already been a crazy holiday morning with press releases to attend to I will keep my closing editorial short and to the point. So far my plan is to attend all three days if possible. With big conventions like this I try to go to all the days and get a maximum level of entertainment. This is going to be a good one for sure and I wonder who out there in the readership will be joining us. Chime in down below and let us know what you think about this recent announcement.