Greetings my music minded friends and welcome to February. It’s super cold here in New York City and if you trust the Groundhogs prediction, we are set to have another six weeks of winter. If you view that as utter hogwash since the animal is not a meteorologist I say relax because its a lot of fun thinking that this is actually the reason for the weather changes. So here we are at another one of those “Bandcamp Friday” announcements and this is the very first one for the 2023 year. Last year I pointed out that we’ve taken the page out of the book of some of the other websites that we know and since this actually helps the artists out I’ve decided to make it a regular thing. I also said that this kind of news might be better served over on the Ken Pierce Media site, but since this is aimed at the music side of the fence I run them on PiercingMetal.com for now. Maybe the next one will be over there. Who knows but I digress. So here is a final reminder that the Bandcamp company being acquired by Epic Games (discussed HERE) and while that is some seriously big news I was stoked to find them leaving this particular angle alone. So what is Bandcamp Friday you might ask if you are one of our newbie site visitors, let’s review just what this is shall we?
What Is Bandcamp Friday: Bandcamp Fridays allow artists and labels releasing music to take back 93% of the money earned through sales, with the other 7% being used for processing fees and charges. Launched on the first Friday of March in 2020, Bandcamp Fridays normally take place on one Friday a month (usually the first).
Continue reading Attention: Today Is Bandcamp Friday (2/3/2023)